Lake Solitude Dam was built in 1858 to power a foundry nearby. It also provided a recreation area for residents. This original spillway was named Taylor Falls after Robert Taylor who was the manager of the Union Ironworks. In 1909, a larger buttress style dam was built. This dam is the earliest example of this type of dam engineering and the only remaining buttress dam in NJ. After nearly being lost to neglect, the dam was restored in 2014.
October 9th, 2019
Viewed 357 Times - Last Visitor from Lebanon, OH on 11/15/2022 at 9:49 PM